Rough estimates tell that 40 percent of all companies using on-premise solutions don’t make a daily back-up of their data. Is that shocking news for you?
Security plays an important role in the discussions around the choice between on-premise and cloud solutions. Our observation is that the on-premise flavor quite often is perceived as the more safe option. Simply because of the proximity of that data and the idea of having control. Interesting question of course is if that assumption is correct and what today’s reality looks like. Where is your ERP/CRM data safest – in your own datacenter or in the public cloud?
Data security gets a lot of attention these days. And rightly so because there are many parties that have an interest in accessing, controlling or even hijacking your data. In today’s highly competitive markets, organizations are forced to be super careful with their data for several reasons.
So where is your valuable data safest? Let’s consider this question with a focus on an on-premise situation.
Rough estimates tell that 40 percent of all companies using on-premise solutions don’t make a daily back-up of their data. Is that shocking news for you? And are you sure that your organization belongs to the other 60 percent? Let’s face the facts. In today’s world, data security is of vital importance. You have to run a business and focus on your customers, your employees and the desired results. And data security is not your core business.
In 2020, Microsoft won the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure contract awarded by the Pentagon, the headquarters of the United States Armed Forces. Probably the organization that values trustworthiness most of all companies around the world. And has most to lose! This contract could potentially remove the nervousness in many companies about security in the cloud. Microsoft has 3.500 cyber-security engineers and invests $ 1 billion a year in cyber security. No need to argue that the security in the Microsoft datacenters is way better than the server room and IT staff of the average SMB company. Including yours?