How to use?
In the example below there are two tables:
- “From Table”, containing 10.000 records.
- “To Table”, containing 0 records.
To demonstrate the performance improvements using DataTransfer, two functions were developed to transfer data from one table to the other:
The execution time of each function is shown below:
Using DataTransfer, the data was transferred in 2 seconds. As for the old method, row by row, it took 16 seconds.
This multiplied for thousands of records, is a major difference in performance.
- Only allowed in upgrade code (Upgrade Codeunits)
- It will not work for the following table types:
- Non-SQL tables
- System and virtual tables
- Audited tables (as destination table)
- Obsoleted (as destination table)
- It will not work for the following field types:
- System and Timestamp fields (as destination field)
- Media and MediaSet
- Calculated fields