What is the intelligent order management?
Microsoft announced its new addition to the Dynamics 365 suite, called Intelligent Order Management (IOM), in March 2021. IOM is a cloud-based solution developed on the Power Platform to simplify fulfillment orchestration and enhance omnichannel transformation, particularly for eCommerce retailers. As a Microsoft Dataverse application, IOM smoothly integrates with other apps in the Dynamics 365 suite.
Few things impact customer satisfaction more than a perfect order and an excelent pre-and-post-purchase customer experience. But siloed data and the lack of integration between ERP, CRP, Commerce and supply chain systems make it more challenging to capture, track, and fulfill orders to your customers. It is in this segment of the business that IOM wants to step in and make sure that companies can meet customer expectations.
An intelligent order management system helps retailers to manage their orders efficiently and accurately. It does this by consolidating orders from various sales channels into a single dashboard, automatically tracking inventory levels, and routing orders to the most appropriate location for fulfillment. This system also provides real-time order tracking for both retailers and customers, streamlines the returns process, and offers detailed analytics and reporting to help retailers make informed decisions
Order Fulfillment Orchestration
Streamline fulfillment by developing custom order flows using Intelligent Order Management’s rules-based automation.
IOM integrates with existing order infrastructure via 200+ configurable Power Platform connectors, connecting to partners like BigCommerce and Shopify.
Build custom connection points between business apps with IOM’s advanced API and reference architecture.
IOM shares a data model with other Dynamics 365 apps, easily connecting and ingesting data from current enterprise systems.
Use Microsoft Power Platform’s low/no-code tools to design and deploy order flows, proactively responding to disruption and adapting to changing requirements.
Proactively identify and eliminate bottlenecks, forecast inventory needs, and deliver targeted insights with IOM’s advanced AI and machine learning.
Deliver on your order promise
Automate and optimize fulfillment using AI and real-time inventory, proactively overcome disruptions by reconfiguring order flows, and rapidly scale with prebuilt connectors.
Automate and optimize fulfillment
Use rule-based fulfillment orchestration, with real-time inventory and AI, to optimize order flows with effective exception handling.
Manage the entire order lifecycle
Gain real-time insights into every order, from intake to delivery, using customizable integrated dashboards.
Adapt quickly to changing business models
Easily model and automate responses to fulfillment constraints using the embedded drag-and-drop policy designer to configure order flows.
Get up and running quickly
Scale order management using pre-built connectors to enterprise resource planning (ERP), order intake, fulfillment, and delivery partners.
Enhance your customers experience
Increase customer satisfaction by providing greater flexibility, improved transparency, and on-time delivery every time.
- Centralized Order Management: With Intelligent Order Management (IOM), managing the entire order lifecycle from order placement to delivery, including returns management, can be done in a single solution.
- Effortless Data Integration: IOM has pre-built connectors and a reference API that allows for custom-built connections, making it compatible with most enterprise systems, including eCommerce platforms, transportation management tools, and more.
- Omnichannel Fulfillment: IOM enables customers to shop through their preferred channels and select their preferred fulfillment method, such as buy online/pick up in-store or buy online/pick up curbside. Customers can also track their orders in real-time for a better experience.
- Real-time Visibility: IOM provides retailers and customers with real-time order and inventory visibility by integrating multiple systems into one source of data truth. Additionally, IOM uses AI and machine learning algorithms for cross-channel visibility.
- Tax Compliance and Automated Payments: IOM includes pre-built connectors to leading tax and payment solutions, providing automated tax determination, compliance, and payment processing for sales tax, value-added tax, seller’s use tax, and more.
- On-time Delivery: IOM offers out-of-the-box connectors to third-party logistics platforms to help retailers determine the best fulfillment location and provider for each order, resulting in an increased on-time delivery rate.
- Increased Resilience: IOM’s drag-and-drop low-code tools and intuitive design interface make it easier for retailers to adapt to unexpected occurrences, such as supply chain disruptions, materials shortages, and major weather events, and manage on-time order fulfillment for customers.
INTEGRATION WITH OTHER SYSTEMS
Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management offers seamless integration with external systems through the use of providers. The platform provides a library of out-of-the-box providers that can be customized to meet your needs, and you can also create your own provider if needed.
Businesses need an order management solution that can easily integrate with existing systems, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), warehouse management system (WMS), customer relationship management (CRM), and transportation management system (TMS). Intelligent Order Management provides a cloud-based integrated-service-as-a-software (iSaaS) solution that uses RESTful APIs and a low-code/no-code user interface, making it easy for businesses to get up and running quickly and augment their existing systems without requiring custom coding.
FUTURE OF INTELLIGENT ORDER MANAGEMENT
It is expected that the future of Intelligent Order Management will be marked by greater automation, increased integration with other enterprise systems, and enhanced predictive analytics capabilities.
One potential future development could be the integration of IoT (Internet of Things) sensors and devices with Intelligent Order Management systems, allowing for real-time tracking of inventory levels, delivery routes, and other critical data points.
The future of Intelligent Order Management is likely to be marked by continued innovation and evolution as organizations look for ways to improve their supply chain operations, enhance customer experience, and stay ahead of the competition.
Another potential area of growth for Intelligent Order Management is the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to optimize supply chain planning and execution.