Specifies a set of fields to be initially loaded when the record is retrieved from its data source. A call to this method will overwrite any fields that were previously set to load.
Example of code:
Similar function to SetLoadFields that has one big difference: if the function is called multiple times, the new call does not reset fields that were already set (even if they were set using SetLoadFields).
If the AL Code accesses a field that has not been selected for loading, the platform will perform an implicit GET, loading all the fields from the Record.
- Microsoft states that it’s particularly beneficial when table extensions are used. Each table extension is a separate table in SQL and when the data from a table is loaded, SQL will join the table and the extensions using the primary key.
- This feature is especially advantageous in reading-based scenarios as it’s not recommended to use partial records on a record that will do inserts, deletes, or copies to temporary records.
- Also in Microsoft docs: <<Testing on the previous example code showed that the execution time for loading only the “Standard Cost” field was nine times faster than loading all normal fields.>>
Recently added on BC19
- Partial Records on List Pages – the server will read only those fields shown in the TableRelation lookup page from the database.
- Partial Records on TableRelation Lookup Pages – the server will read only those fields that are shown in the list page from the database.